Monday, March 21, 2011

Easter Egg Art


How cute is this? I love it!


To begin you will need some of the plastic easter eggs from the dollar store. I looked around my craft room and found some sand paint stuff that I bought a long time ago. So I just put on some plastic gloves and smooshed the sand stuff all over the eggs and let them dry.




While they were drying I started to work on the frame. I took the glass out of the frame and then painted the frame and let that dry. When it was dry I sanded it a little to distress it.



Then I took the cardboard back of the frame and mod-podged scrapbook paper onto that.

Then I painted the eggs with basic acrylic paint.


When everything was dry, I got some ribbon and started to decorate the eggs. Then I glued them onto the cardboard. I got new glue, and it works fabulously!! So, I want to thank my friend Sherrie S. She told me to try it, and I am sooo glad she did. So, thank you Sherrie!!



Next, I cut some vinyl and stuck it on the cardboard as well. Then I just put the frame together. It looks fab!


Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special

No comments:

Post a Comment