Sunday, March 27, 2011

Homemade Laundry Soap

Yes, I make my own laundry soap. And I have for a long time. And I love it. It really isn't any cheaper than going to the store and buying some Tide or something like that. But, it is better. A lot better. Our clothes smell so good and I very rarely have to pre-treat any stains. So here is the recipe...



2 Cups Borax
2 Cups Arm and Hammer Washing Soda
1 bar Fels Naptha grated

Ok, so I searched around town forever to find all the ingredients, and the only place I have found that has all of them is Harmons.
Now, I've grated the bar by hand, and it is not fun. So I highly recommend using your food processor and just putting your grating attachment in. It is so fast and easy. I just use 2 tablespoons of the detergent for every load of laundry. And yes, I have a high efficiency front loader washer. It works, you should give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment