Monday, April 4, 2011

Suitcase Table



I've been seeing these is quite a few magazines lately, and they are really expensive. And I thought, hmmm, I can totally make those.

So off to the D.I. I went. I found the suitcases for around 5.00-6.00 each. Sorry I only took a picture of one. I don't know why.



Then I went to Lowe's to buy table legs. These were $4ish each. Then I painted them and distressed them.



I drilled through the biggest suitcase and made holes big enough for the screw to fit through that was on the table legs.


Next I screwed the table legs into the newly drilled holes. Then I used a bolt to secure them in the suitcase.



Then I repeated the same steps with the next suitcase, instead of bolting the suitcase to the table legs, I bolted it to the first suitcase.
Voila!! Perfecto!!



This to will be for sale at my upcoming boutique...

handmade projects

Pink Hippo Party

The DIY Show Off




Sumo Sweet Stuff

The Girl Creative



Texas Monkey





Stinkin Cute Thursday ButtonFurniture Feature Fridays

9 comments:

  1. Love this idea...I have a steamer trunk that I've been trying to figure out what to do with and this would work great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Stylish + extra storage! Visiting from the DIY showoff.

    -caroline
    http://cwfrosting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you like it! Thanks for checking out my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. I have an old suitcase that I have had sitting around for over 10 years just wondering what I could do with it. Now I know. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Creative Use of Suitcases!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, friend! Newest follower :) You've got so much creativity going on in your blog so can
    you please share them with us at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop?

    This is a combination of linky party (where we can show off our creations) and of blog hop (where we can follow as many excellent bloggers as we like), hence the name Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop. It's a great way to meet awesome creative bloggers like you and increase your followers in the process.

    All you have to do is 1) link up whatever creative post you'd like to share - can be a DIY project, decor, photography, crafts, recipes, poem, thrift finds, tips, or that informative syndicated post that can make us laugh, or cry - in short, whatever you're proud of! 2) Then follow as many blogs as your heart desires, preferably starting first with the one before you and after you, and leave a comment to them that you're doing so.

    You’re not required to include the party button but if you’re so inclined to display it in your blog or your post, you’re very much welcome to
    do so :)

    See you at http://www.homemakeronadime.com/2011/04/creative-bloggers-party-hop-042411.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling! I have some old suitcases that I didn't know what I was going to use them for. Thanks for the inspiration:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE! I didn't know you could get table legs at Lowe's! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a blue suitcase that sits by our TV, I have been trying to figure out if I should stack more old suitcases on it-to make it taller. But I love this idea so much better. I am going to lowes and make me one with my blue suitcase. Thanks you have so many cute ideas. I also need some vinyl. I need to call you!

    ReplyDelete